Monday, March 14, 2011

How Interactivity Opens New Storytelling Possibilities

I made this video for a class project, in which I had to analyze an aspect of new media. Obviously, I chose games, and equally unsurprisingly if you follow my true passion in the medium, I took a look at what the element of interaction means from a narrative perspective. While my original vision was actually grander in scope and content, time limitations forced me to cut a lot out of the video and summarize even more. Here's the description from my YouTube page and the embedded video itself.

"Advances in technology have been changing the we create and consume stories for over a hundred years. More recently, video games have achieved a level of detail that allows for entirely new ways to tell and experience stories. The medium's inherent interactive qualities have opened up new doors, and some skilled developers are already laying the foundation."

1 comment:

kyaminy06 said...

This game really has me going. I am totally addicted to this game. I have to play it everyday.
gift ideas